Frequently Asked Questions
As of 2017-01-04 SetACL Studio is free for personal as well as commercial use.
Please see the next question (“How can SetACL Studio be run without installation?”).
To run SetACL Studio on a machine without installing it first, perform the following steps:
- Make sure the .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on the target machine, either the Client Profile or the full version.
- Install SetACL Studio on a template machine using the MSI.
- On the template machine locate the installation directory. This is typically
C:\Program Files (x86)\Helge Klein\SetACL Studio.
- Copy the installation directory from the template machine to any suitable location on the target machine.
- Register SetACL.ocx (which is included in the files you just copied).
Run the following commands from an elevated command prompt (the example assumes that you copied the installation directory to
On a 32-bit machine:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x86\SetACL.ocx"
On a 64-bit machine:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x64\SetACL.ocx"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x86\SetACL.ocx"
- That’s it. Now you can run SetACL Studio on the target machine by starting “SetACL Studio.exe”.
Please note that you need a license for every person using the program.