Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a free version of SetACL Studio?
As of 2017-01-04 SetACL Studio is free for personal as well as commercial use.
Is there a portable version of SetACL Studio?
Please see the next question (“How can SetACL Studio be run without installation?”).
How can SetACL Studio be run without installation?
To run SetACL Studio on a machine without installing it first, perform the following steps:
- Make sure the .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on the target machine, either the Client Profile or the full version.
- Install SetACL Studio on a template machine using the MSI.
- On the template machine locate the installation directory. This is typically
C:\Program Files (x86)\Helge Klein\SetACL Studio.
- Copy the installation directory from the template machine to any suitable location on the target machine.
- Register SetACL.ocx (which is included in the files you just copied).
Run the following commands from an elevated command prompt (the example assumes that you copied the installation directory to
On a 32-bit machine:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x86\SetACL.ocx"
On a 64-bit machine:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x64\SetACL.ocx"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe "c:\temp\SetACL Studio\SetACL\x86\SetACL.ocx"
- That’s it. Now you can run SetACL Studio on the target machine by starting “SetACL Studio.exe”.
Please note that you need a license for every person using the program.
Hello I have the folllowing problem:
I du the following, I open an explorer and search for old user Profiles. then i start setACL-Studio, go to the path, select the name and delete the userprofil.
Since there are a lot of old users and different profilpaths it took a while.
al the time I reckonize in the explorerwindow that the profile is away and that realy quickly. I am happy for such a great and intuitiv software.
BUT after a while the deleted profiles came back?
Do you have any idea?
It is not sufficient to delete user profiles in the file system. You need to delete the corresponding registry keys, too.
Excellent work. Excellent tool.
This is Not easy task. Indeed this tool simplifies an extremely complex problem of appropriate file permissions in windows.
Appreciate your skills and efforts.
Excellent tool. Thanks for you work.
I don´t find a SetACL.ocx file in path \SetACL Studio\SetACL\x64\… there ist just a dll-file, which i can´t register with regsrv.